Laser Engraving & Laser Cutting
We believe that the best quality can only be achieved with the best equipment and have invested in high quality European and American made laser systems which can process a wide variety of items and material with unmatched quality and speed. Our largest laser, the Trotec Speedy 400 has a powerful 130 watts and a bed size of 39″x24″x12″h and can handle even longer items with its pass-thru option. Its high power allows us to complete jobs faster and also cut materials like acrylic and wood for creating custom signs and awards.
Some Interesting facts about laser engraving and cutting.
- The laser uses a beam of light, the item is not touched by the machine..
- Laser engraving produces a permanent, crisp, highly detailed mark at up to 1200 dots per inch.
- Lasers provide an extremely fast way to customize items and has produces unmatched detail and repeatability.
- Very accurate cutting tolerances for wood, plastic and other materials.
- 3/1000 of an inch is the approximate width of the cut kerf.
- We can engrave almost any text or image on most surfaces.
- We cannot cut or engrave plastic like PVC or ABS due to health concerns, often we are able to digitally print directly on these items with our UV Printer, contact us for more information.
- Wood, Acrylic, Stainless Steel, Delrin, Cloth, Coated Metals, Glass, Leather, Marble, Paper, Pressboard, Wood Veneer, Cork, Corian and Mirrors.
The quality of the artwork we receive will directly impact the quality of the laser engraving.
- Black and white images and text produce the crispest markings.
- Vector based format files (made up of lines and curves).
- EPS (encapsulated postscript), AI with text converted to outlines/curves.
- Corel Draw – CDR – Line Drawing with text converted to outlines/curves.
- PDF’s (Adobe Portable Document Format) may be submitted. With text converted to outlines/curves.
- If you are unsure, send us what you have for an evaluation, often we can convert it for a reasonable charge.